Resources and Environment in the Yangtze Basin

About the Journal

Download [This article belongs to Volume - 40, Issue - 05]

Abstract : Tuberculosis is a contagious infectious disease that is a health concern for both individuals and society in Indonesia. Tuberculosis (TB) is an infectious disease caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis which can infect various organs and tissues of the human body, especially the lungs. The easy spread through inhalation of bacteria through the respiratory tract causes the high virulence and pathogenicity of TB, making it a major health problem in the world in preventing and treating it. (1) this research aims to see the correlation between length of treatment and hematological parameters in TB patients in Kupang City. The hematological parameters looked at in this study are Hb, Leukocytes, ESR, Platelets, Hematocrit, Erythrocytes, MCV, MCH, and MCHC. The research method used was observational analytic with a cross-sectional design. The characteristics of the respondents in this study were more women, namely 32 people (53.3%). 93.3% of the respondents in this study were in the productive age group, namely 56 people. Based on the length of treatment of respondents, in this study, 35 people (58.3%) were in the advanced phase (2 - 6 months) and the remaining 25 people (41.7%) were in the intensive phase (0 - 2 months). Results of examination of Hemoglobin, Leukocyte, Platelet, and Hematocrit level parameters. Erythrocytes, MCH, and MCHC (Hb) of more respondents (> 75%) were at normal values. In the results of the examination of hematological parameters: LED, the results obtained were quite balanced, where 32 people (53.3%) were at normal values (0-20 mm/hour), while 28 people were above normal (> 0-20 mm/hour) (46.7%). Slightly different results on hematological parameters: MCV obtained below normal examination results (< 80-100 fl) was 36 people (60%) of the total respondents. The results of the study showed that the results of the Spearman correlation analysis above showed a significant relationship between ESR and Platelets and the length of treatment for TB patients with a p-value < 0.05, while for other parameters: Hb, Leukocytes, Hematocrit, Erythrocytes, MCV, MCH, and MCHC it was not significant. correlates with the respondent's length of treatment.